MIXED – USE MULTIFAMILY DEVELOPMENT
When completed, the 100,000 SF iconic Bank Calumet building will be redeveloped into a mixed-use +/-100 unit market rate apartments, with approximately +/-7,000 SF of ground floor of commercial space appropriately named “The Banc”. The $27,000,000 +/-project embraces the City of Hammond’s adaptive reuse vision by converting the iconic Bank Calumet vacant office building into mixed use market-rate multi-family rental apartments. A portion of the ground floor commercial space will be utilized as an amenity for the residents to use which will include co-working, event space and a portion of the first floor will be service retail, such as, a café and local bank. NWI has been successful in achieving over $13.5 million of local and state incentives for this catalytic Transit Development District (TDD) project.
- Amenities required by today’s renters including a management/leasing office, fitness center and a modern technological infrastructure that supports working remotely.
- Rehabilitation of the iconic ground floor lobby to include co-working and service retail.
- Located in the heart of Hammond, close proximity to highway access and two blocks from the future downtown Hammond South Shore train station.
- Adjacent Parking available for residents.
- Modern Finishes throughout
- Offering Studios, Convertibles, 1 Bedroom and 2 Bedroom Units
- Opening 2024
THE BANC TEAM
- Developer – NWI Development Group
- Development Partner – ASA Development & ResElevate
- Architect – Pappageorge Haymes
- Marketing – Mauge Inc